We are doing it!
We will be leaving NWI early October. Our tentative date for departure from Jacksonville, Florida is October 9th. We will be heading west until we reach San Diego, California.
We have all of our bikes. We bought a tandem! It is an early 90’s Burley Duet. It is a little big for Luke even after dropping the seat. Rob cut a set of pedals off of another bike to add on to the rear crank arm to enable Luke to reach the pedals.
We were also fortunate to find a used single tire pull behind trailer. After carefully weighing the pro’s and con’s, we decided to go with the single tire trailer.
Here is our sweet Burley!
We went to some great garage sales and found a few more things for our trip!
The people of NWI are very encouraging and we look forward to sharing our experiences with all of you! Thanks for all your kind words.
Top 5 Questions We Get Asked
We get asked lots of questions from friends, family, and strangers. We will answer, in brief, some popular ones.
- Are we wealthy? Of course, just not in finances. My favorite question because I laugh at the idea. The quick answer is no, but not for lack of trying.
- Are you crazy (mainly family members, because our friends know the answer)? Yes.
- Aren’t you afraid of the dangers of being on the road? Of course. But, we choose not to base our lives on fear.
- What do the children think? Our children are a bit on the crazy side also (fruit didn’t fall too far, hehe). They will miss friends but look forward to new ones they’ll make.
- How long will the trip take? We won’t be trying to break any records. In fact, we plan on taking our time and enjoying the sights along with the awesome people we meet. That being said, we expect our trip to take somewhere within the 80 to 90 day range.
The ‘what if’s’ are endless whether travelling on bikes or staying put.
Thanks for being a part of our journey,
The Adelphia Family
Thank you for bookmarking and shopping through our Amazon link. It helps us pay the light bill. 😉 You can find it on any page of our site. Just look for the Amazon Search box on the right side of the screen.